We designed our website to function according to the WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines and tested the site using a variety of assistive technologies. We routinely scan our site with automated tools to make sure all changes are compliant.
We are committed to providing a website that is as accessible as we are. We have made the best efforts to implement the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). There is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG. We have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility, not limited to but including physical tests using screen readers and keyboard only. If you find any part of our website that you believe does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG, or you are having difficulty getting the information you need, please use one of the methods below to let us know so we can remedy it.
- Contact us by phone at 703.914.8700
- Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- InFirst FCU strives to make every page accessible to users but cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors. As such, InFirst FCU does not claim full site-wide conformance, instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. InFirst FCU cannot ensure conformance of crucial 3rd party plug-ins and widgets.
- Our conformance claims only extend to pages within the www.infirstfcu.org domain.
- InFirst FCU has used WCAG guidelines for conformance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the conformance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- InFirst FCU chose to use WCAG for conformance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes the guidelines for the Internet.
- We are in the process of converting our PDFs to conformant versions. If you find one that does not conform or is not readable, please contact us so we may send you the information in a format that works for you.
- InFirst FCU uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C’s position that “(t)here is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible.”